Astro: not just another hospitality company
Astro is transforming the future of real estate. Astro is designing the future of apartments; one that leverages deep technology to improve operational efficiencies and dramatically lower costs, while at the same time improving the travel experience.
Each Astro experience is purposefully selected, designed and maintained – customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Astro ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. We are focusing on transforming traditional apartments into beautifully decorated, furnished spaces for modern travel.
To learn more about Astro, join our community on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Now Hiring: Business Developer & Real Estate Partnerships
Astro has rapid growth plans in the next few years to establish itself as an industry leader in apartment hotels by developing a strong brand of managed and owned hospitality units. Astro has just raised money from top real estate investors in Silicon Valley that have bought into Astro’s vision. As they open new markets, Astro wants to be an undisputed top reputed brand for the quality of service we provide each and every customer, both landlord and guest.
The team is dedicated to unlocking defensible and scalable demand through yield management, channel distribution, direct marketing, loyalty, and referral.
As a result, Astro is looking for Business Development and Real estate Partnerships role is to bring on new partners and clients that are looking to use Astro’s services. This person must be well informed of our industry and radiate trustworthiness to potential partners that will entrust this person to deliver Astros services. They will attend conferences, cold call and work with our business development associates to drive traction through creative means and follow up daily with qualified leads. This person must be creative, outgoing and ambitious as they will lead the sales efforts in a new geography for Astro and work with our implementation team to ensure the service onboarding is a success.
This role will also require traveling to each new metro as we launch.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive new unique growth in your territory by partnering with large real estate owners and property managers and having lightning-speed response time qualifying inbound leads and converting them to closed partnerships.
- Grow and develop the existing inbound strategy in your territory.
- Build and manage territory list and pipeline in Salesforce to meet Astro objectives around revenue and margin by growing our qualified leads pipeline.
Manage the sales funnel by analyzing and controlling pipeline activity in Salesforce with a focus on increasing your qualified lead conversion rate.
- Attend relevant conferences and be aggressive about networking and follow-ups after networking events.
- Work closely with the underwriting team to build qualification feedback loop as well as senior stakeholders via phone, email and in-person at each point of the sales cycle to ensure deals are brought to completion.
- Consistently exceed quota by booking appointments with pre-qualified leads.
- Build and defend Astro’s business value throughout the selling hassle-free property management and guaranteed income to unique homeowners in your assigned territories.
- Share feedback from the field to Real Estate and Marketing team to drive new offerings and the evolution of the Astro product/experience
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-2 years selling in an SMB, Real Estate or Leasing environment. Previous SDR/BDR experience or internship in sales a plus.
- 1-2 years in technology sales is a plus
- Experience or interest in managing the sales process from the ground up.
- Comprehensive and current knowledge of company offerings and industry trends.
- The drive and energy to manage multiple accounts while looking for new opportunities to gain more inbound leads
- Unparalleled verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand clients needs to properly qualify them for the next sales call.
- Strong time management skills
- A passion for having superb responsiveness and accountability
- Advanced computer skills, especially MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), Google Suite, Sales Tools and Salesforce; knowledge of Slack, Asana, and other in-app tools is a bonus.
- Strong relationship building and referral skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to thrive in a startup environment.
- Experience working in a traveling capacity
- Experience in real estate or hospitality
- Experience working with tech products (eg, Looker, Slack, Front)
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- 20 days paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays and 3 days volunteer time off (VTO)
- Home office or co-working allowance
- Fitness allowance
- Charity Matching
- $500 Annual personal development or conference allowance