Astro: not just another hospitality company
Astro is transforming the future of real estate. Astro is designing the future of apartments; one that leverages deep technology to improve operational efficiencies and dramatically lower costs, while at the same time improving the travel experience.
Each Astro experience is purposefully selected, designed and maintained – customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Astro ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. We are focusing on transforming traditional apartments into beautifully decorated, furnished spaces for modern travel.
To learn more about Astro, join our community on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Now Hiring: Data Science Engineer for Astro
Astro has rapid growth plans in the next few years to establish itself as an industry leader in apartment hotels by developing a strong brand of managed and owned hospitality units. Astro has just raised money from top real estate investors in Silicon Valley that have bought into Astro’s vision. As they open new markets, Astro wants to be an undisputed top reputed brand for the quality of service we provide each and every customer, both landlord and guest.
The team is dedicated to unlocking defensible and scalable demand through yield management, channel distribution, direct marketing, loyalty, and referral.
As a result, Astro is looking for engineers to help lead our Marketplace engineering team. You will lead a team of 3-6 engineers and collaborate in a cross-functional pod with a product manager and product designer. You are a good engineer in your own right but are passionate about leading a team and getting the most out of others. You are an excellent communicator and will work with other leaders in the engineering and tech org to set standards and goals.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement and maintain efficient and scalable data extraction, processing and storage systems.
- Intelligently design data models with optimal storage and retrieval characteristics.
- Demonstrate track-record of learning and deep-diving into complex technologies to optimize and support systems in production.
- Champion data engineering standards and best practices.
- Learn industry and business concepts that inform the design and implementation of data solutions.
- Collaborate cross-functionality to lead and own the delivery of end-to-end data products in the company.
- Contribute to building a scalable engineering organization by authoring and reviewing technical design documents.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years of experience of designing and implementing complex data processing and management processes.
- Experience with designing schemas for columnar storage and MPP technologies such as Redshift, BigQuery, Presto or Druid.
- Fluent in Python and SQL. Experience with Scala is a plus.
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Spark, Flink or Storm.
- Experience with workflow management technologies such as Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban, etc.
- Well-versed in data engineering standards and best practices.
- Familiarity with Pandas/Python machine learning libraries and experience in productizing machine learning models at scale is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud computing and big data services available on AWS and GCP.
- Familiarity with data exploration and visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau or Superset.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to non-technical users.
- Attention to detail and data-driven decision making and problem-solving.
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- 20 days paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays and 3 days volunteer time off (VTO)
- Home office or co-working allowance
- Fitness allowance
- Charity Matching
- $500 Annual personal development or conference allowance