Astro: not just another hospitality company
Astro is transforming the future of real estate. Astro is designing the future of apartments; one that leverages deep technology to improve operational efficiencies and dramatically lower costs, while at the same time improving the travel experience.
Each Astro experience is purposefully selected, designed and maintained – customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Astro ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. We are focusing on transforming traditional apartments into beautifully decorated, furnished spaces for modern travel.
To learn more about Astro, join our community on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
Now Hiring: Unit Launch Manager for Astro
Astro has rapid growth plans in the next few years to establish itself as an industry leader in apartment hotels by developing a strong brand of managed and owned hospitality units. Astro has just raised money from top real estate investors in Silicon Valley that have bought into Astro’s vision. As they open new markets, Astro wants to be an undisputed top reputed brand for the quality of service we provide each and every customer, both landlord and guest.
The team is dedicated to unlocking defensible and scalable demand through yield management, channel distribution, direct marketing, loyalty, and referral.
The Unit Launch Manager is on the frontline of Astro geographic growth, with the responsibility of building a team that sets up Astro’s newest markets. Astro will continue to expand across the country in 2020 as it expands its operational geographic cities. The Launch Manager is responsible for developing the launch strategy as Astro continues to grow and for the performance of new markets. You’ll be the point person to relay in-market insights to leadership and headquarters to continually improve processes. You will need to ensure all the systems are in place for new units to go live in local and remote markets. Astro has strong systems built for its local markets but will need new operational teams in its satellite markets and new markets. You’ll work collaboratively across most departments within Astro to execute a streamlined and successful launch of new units. You’ll also be the glue to bring the launch team together for operational process improvements, ongoing business strategy, and overall performance for each new market.
This role will also require traveling to each new metro as we launch.
What You Will Do:
- Manage and mentor a highly communicative and adaptive traveling launch team that is comfortable hitting the ground running in any environment and is dedicated to optimizing efficiency, quality, service, and profitability
- Hire, train and coach a local market team to maintain day-to-day operations using the Astro’s platform and processes
- Drive operational efficiency, quality, and profitability by quickly recognizing and removing roadblocks for the team to create an aligned structure with clear processes and responsibilities
- Own each market’s customer experience metrics and work towards how they can be improved consistently for each market
- Drive culture in each market by living Astro core values while allowing markets to adapt based on each city and team’s vibes
- Understand Astros strategy, what has been most effective in previous new market launches, and execute and iterate on it successfully in a scalable and cost-effective way
- Ready to jump into the weeds to meet residents, stage a property, or receive items for the warehouse; willing to do what it takes to understand the existing day-to-day to create a more scalable process
What We Are Looking For:
- Proven experience building, growing, and managing a successful team. You understand the nuances of each role and how they interact to hold people accountable and create processes around work and communication to streamline consistent issues that arise.
- An entrepreneurial and collaborative generalist who is able to quickly dig into different business areas. You jump into understanding the details of the different aspects of the business and how the different workstreams can affect each other
- A quick-thinking problem solver who is ready to provide solutions for any roadblocks to move the project forward. You strategize for different potential scenarios and get buy-in from your entire team to execute.
- The ability to assess your market, pull metrics and gather insights, and execute on a plan to improve. You are experienced in designing experiments to prove or disprove a theory. You’re not only comfortable with digging into understanding what is happening but also have the experience to understand what the next steps need to be. You check your data by having a clear understanding of what’s happening in real life.
- A leader who serves to understand how they can best prepare individuals and teams for success by first questioning the inherent structure that drives decision making
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working in a traveling capacity
- Experience in real estate or hospitality
- Experience working with tech products (eg, Looker, Slack, Front)
Perks and Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- 20 days paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays and 3 days volunteer time off (VTO)
- Home office or co-working allowance
- Fitness allowance
- Charity Matching
- $500 Annual personal development or conference allowance